Saturday, June 26, 2010

HELLUVA Party

A friend of mine invited me to a party on Friday night. I knew it would be a good one because she is a HELLUVA hostess. Last time I went to her house she served me blue corn bread that I still dream about. Anyway, it was a HELLUVA party. She served re fried beans (made from scratch), Spanish rice, beef chimichangas and chicken chimichangas, salad, homemade salsa with chips, homemade pecan pie, homemade 3 layer chocolate cake with nutella in the filling, fruit pizza, fruit, and flan with caramel sauce. I had flan.I've read about flan in books but I've never enjoyed it in person before. Wow, it's worth writing about. It's a creamy thick custard that is not too sweet and not too eggy. And it not flan (rhymes with plan) but flan (rhymes with prawn). Due to the fact we got over two inches of rain in about an hour, the bonfire was cancelled. Also the horse and buggy rides were cancelled. See what I am saying? This was a HELLUVA party. About 50 people came. The bluegrass band and square dancing were not cancelled. While a banjo, mandolin and guitar played music, I square danced. I square danced! I haven't square danced since Offspring #2 and I went to a Girl Scout Leader appreciation night about ten years ago. It was fun then and it was fun last night too. We were crowded into the living room and bumping hips when we do-si-doed. Square dancing is good, clean, wholesome fun. After that we walked out into the misty landscaped lawn to get some fresh air. This party was one HELLUVA party.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...