Monday, June 7, 2010

Cyberspace Holds Me Back


On Sunday I was busy working. It was about an hour since I petted the coyote and I was feeling pretty good. I had my cell phone in my pocket and it began to vibrate. I got 3 messages from confused people. One message referred to a text message I had sent on April 14. Another was a confused, "What are you talking about?" I hadn't sent any text messages for days. When I got home Offspring #2 said she got 6 text messages from me at 9 a.m. I hadn't sent any to her. Some of the messages she got from me were repeats of messages she had already received and others were new. Later that day I heard from another sibling and a niece that I had sent them confusing text messages. One of them referred to St. Patrick's Day in March. W h a t t h e h e c k! Why did my cell phone start sending old text messages on June 6? Where had all those messages been stored? Cyberspace? What triggered their release? Why were some messages held hostage while others were allowed to pass through? I can't make sense of this. I guess it boils down to "You get what you pay for." I pay for a super cheap prepaid phone that costs me $8.33 per month. And I still have hundreds of minutes left over at the end of the year.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...