Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sex and the City

I went to see Sex and the City (their newest movie) tonight with a friend. We've watched the show on television. We watched the first movie. Now we watched this movie. Lets hope there aren't any more because it's time to put Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda to bed. In the first five minutes of the show, at Stanford's wedding dance, Liza Minnelli was up there belting out Beyonce's song "Put a ring on it." I knew I had my money's worth of entertainment right there. Oh, Liza, she still got that magic going on. She may have been lip syncing to her own voice on stage but she still has the moves and the legs. She was working it like Beyonce. Wow, she is something. Per usual, Carrie is confused about love. Miranda is balancing work, her son, and her marriage. Charlotte is ever hopeful about true love and pretending everything is okay. And Samantha? Well, Samantha was more Samantha than she usually is. Picture lusty and outrageous Samantha in a conservative Muslim country and you know there will be trouble. This whole movie is decadent, wasteful and shallow. I hope no one believes it represents American women. But I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...