Sunday, October 9, 2011

Carrot Soup

I had a great crop of carrots this year so I looked up a recipe for carrot soup and then changed the ingredients to fit what I had available. It was delicious!  Ingredients:  carrots (an amount similar to a small bag of baby carrots) sliced into coins, 1/2 cup red onion diced, 1/2 cup celery diced, 3 cloves garlic diced, 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth, 4 small tomatoes diced, 3 TB soy sauce, and a generous sprinkling of powdered red pepper.  Add all ingredients except for the soy sauce and red pepper to a sauce pan.  Simmer for 35 minutes until carrots are tender.  Blend soup.  I bought an immersion blender which is a lot easier than transferring hot soup into a blender and then back again into the pot.  Add soy sauce and red pepper to taste.  Enjoy!  It's really, really good.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...