Sunday, October 16, 2011

Love My New Kitchen Gadget

I love kitchen gadgets and supplies.  I restrain myself from buying more because my cupboards are full and really, how many pretty bowls do I need?  But this gadget was worth the money and the storage space.  I've used it 6 out of the last 7 days.  My new gadget is an immersion blender.  Oh, it's so handy.  I have a regular blender but this one is better to puree hot soups (like carrot soup, squash soup, and black bean soup).  And it's safer than transferring a kettle full of hot liquid food twice.  I can just stick the blender into the bowl of soup and puree it without pouring.  The immersion blender is great for making a strawberry smoothie because somedays I just cannot face another portion of plain yougurt.  And instead of having to clean the blender cup, the blade, the attachment and the rubber gasket, I just rinse the shaft in hot water and I am done.  It's so easy! 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...