Monday, October 17, 2011

I've Got Birds On My Blog

Junco
At least I think I've got birds on my blog. Do yo see them?  I had them earlier but I don't think the birds can fly over my old fashioned dial up connection.  If you do see them, it's a facebook thing with the Audubon group.  You can collect all 38 kinds of birds on various blogs.  I think they're cute.

On another note, I saw lots of birds while I sat at the kitchen table for an hour reading the Sunday paper.  If only Project Feederwatch began in October, I would have had an outstanding report of Junco's (my Easter egg birds came back from the tundra for the first time this season), robins, blue jays, chickadees, house finches, gold finches, hairy woodpeckers, nuthatches and cardinals.  The yard was full of life.  Now I have to save up some money to buy another bag of black sunflower seeds.

2 comments:

Cajo said...

You have goldfinches on your blog!

Cajo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...