Friday, September 14, 2012

All By Myself

I had a problem.  The motorcycle would not start.  Now the problem is solved. The motorcycle does start.  I fixed it all by myself. You should have seen me doing the happy dance in the garage last night.  The problem turned out to be the battery. I took the old battery out, brought it to Cycle Tek, learned the battery was crap, celebrated that, bought a new one, installed it and started the engine.  Truthfully I didn't do it all alone.  I had advice.  Some of the advice was helpful and some was not helpful at all.  But I am the one who sifted through the advice and got the problem solved.  And typing "removed the battery" and "installed the battery" is a lot easier than actually doing the work.  My hands got all greasy.  My knees got sore from kneeling on concrete.  I need to add two dollars to my swearing envelope. It wasn't as easy as replacing a car battery.  As I took the old battery out, I took photos with my camera in case I needed to look back and see how things went together.   The little bolts need to put in place below the battery posts before you carefully slide the battery in place.  I had it all hooked up and the covers all in place before I realized I forgot to hook up the battery tender so I had to take everything apart to put that back on.  Somethings I just need to learn the hard way.  And the best part is I had no (nada, none, zero) screws left over.  I highly recommend Cycle Tek in Spring Lake Park.  They told me what they thought the problem was.  They checked my battery free of charge and recycled it for me.  They could have made money by not helping me out.  Cycle Tek has honest mechanics working there.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...