Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Selected Shorts - A Celebration of the Short Story

I listened to this book on CD last weekend and I enjoyed every single story.  The performance of the actors and actresses reading the story aloud make the book so much more enjoyable.  Some of the readers I had never heard of before.  Stockard Channing read an Eudora Welty story.  She did a great job reading "Moving to the P.O."  Jerry Stiller read, "At The Anarchist's Convention" and he was very funny.  But my vote for the top performance goes to René Auberjonois's reading of "The Black Cat" by Edgar Allen Poe.  He was so over the top and he added a serious of murderous laughs that put chills down my spine.  I always enjoy being read to and this book was spell binding.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...