Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Wonderful Find

Today I started getting ready for the holidays by cleaning the lower level.  I didn't want to do it. I only use the lower level once a week to launder my clothes.  But I thought it would save time later by getting rid of those spider webs today.  So I was downstairs sweeping up spider webs, vacuuming and organizing.  I was very much rewarded to find a piece of clothing I've been missing for at least 8 years.  I was missing a coat. I looked nearly everywhere for it. I actually thought one of my kids took it.  It's a fleece jacket actually; gray with a blue stripe, 1/4 zip up the front.  I loved that jacket.  It's large and warm and comfy.  It offers variety in winter outerwear which is really important to me because I get sick to death of wearing the same old winter coats by the end of the season.  Where was it?  On the freaking coat rack of all places!  It was underneath Offspring #2's letter jacket.  I am so happy to find my old fleece jacket.  It wasn't mine originally.  I believe it originally belonged to my father-in-law.  But I've been wearing it, off and on, for over 20, maybe 30 years.  Off and on - get it?  I remember wearing it when my old dog, Ruby, was a puppy.  I'd walk her around the block in the winter with that fleece jacket on.  I'd zip up the zipper and have to pull in my lips so they wouldn't get frost bite from the metal zipper.  Sometimes I'd use one dog leash on the dog and I'd put the other dog leash around my waist and attach it to the rope of the sled to pull the kids around the block.  I've been looking for a fleece jacket to replace it and could never find one as heavy as this one.  Sometimes it pays to clean the house. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...