Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Feeling Left Out

This morning I went to a meeting at 8 o'clock.  Eight people were in attendance.  Everyone brought a drink.  The drinks included a Caribou coffee, a Holiday gas station coffee, a McDonalds coffee, a coffeepot coffee with lots of cream, a coffee from Starbucks, a Red Bull, a Monster Drink, and a bottle of ice water.  I had the bottle of ice water.  I felt left out of the caffeinated crowd.  Was I as alert as the rest of the group?  I felt alert.  But could I be more alert? How would I know? Maybe I'd be wittier or more clever if I had some caffeine.  Even when I drank caffeine regularly, I always started the day with four cups of water before my first can of pop.  Coffee drinks are a clique that I never have and probably never will be a part of.  I've tried.  Coffee, to me, tastes like dirty, bitter water.  I don't like the taste of coffee as I drink it and I don't like the taste it leaves in my mouth after I drink it.  I don't like coffee flavored candy or coffee flavored ice cream.  But I'd rather have my hands wrapped around a warm cup of coffee than a bottle of ice water on a cold day such as this.
 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...