Monday, November 4, 2013

Kombucha

I tried a new product yesterday.  It's called kombucha and it is a flavored, fermented drink.  I selected the gingerade flavor.  It's different.  It smells like wine or vinegar and it has an acidic taste.  The fermentation destroys most of the sugars so it is low in calories and full of probiotics.  I believe it has trace amounts of alcohol. Being a teetotaler, I can detect the alcohol right away.  The bottom of the container is sludgy and the bottle says do not shake.  The liquid has some natural carbonation to it so maybe that is why they suggest you don't shake it.  You get the most probiotic benefits if you drink it all including the sludge.  My bottle is only half gone and I doubt I will drink the sludge.  When I swallow it I can feel my gut get more active.  And I think it has an appetite suppression side effect too.  I'd buy it again but it's not something I would like to drink everyday.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...