Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hot Cocoa

I'm trying a new hot cocoa recipe.  Rather than buy the commercial no-added sugar hot cocoa mixes, I'm making my own.  My recipe doesn't have any chemicals or preservatives in it.  And it's easy to make.  Ingredients are 2 cups dried milk, 1/2 cup sugar substitute, 3/4 cup dark cocoa powder and 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.  Mix together.  Put 3 spoons into a cup of hot water and stir.  Keep stirring because unlike commercial mixes, this doesn't totally dissolve into the water.  In fact, not matter how much you stir you will end up with some delicious chocolate sludge in the bottom of the cup.  I suspect it's the undissolved chocolate chips.  What better way to finish off a cup of hot cocoa than a spoonful of sweet chocolate sludge?   And today I read that dark chocolate helps reduce back pain so please excuse me while I go get another cup - for medicinal reasons.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...