Friday, October 9, 2015

Goo Goo Ga Ga

Yesterday I had a long day of travel that involved a car, a plane, a train, a ferry and back to a car again.  But now I am here in Washington bonding with a 4 month old.  She seems to be a completely different person than when I saw her last. She babbles all day long.  She babbles in her stroller.  She babbles on the floor.  She babbles on my lap.  She babbles in her car seat. You'd think her voice would be hoarse but it isn't.  She babbles when she is alert and she babbles when she is falling asleep.  She babbles in sentences and paragraphs.  She babbles entire stories to my while I nod, listen, and add comments like, "I  hear you sister," or "Anyone would have done the same thing in your place."  She adds intonations to her babbling.  Sometimes I hear frustration or excitement or exhaustion.  Maybe I never paid attention before but I don't remember other babies talking as much as this one talks. She babbles as her Daddy sings her a song about boobs.  When he comes to the word boob she gets all excited and dances on his lap by shaking her legs and throwing her arms up in the air. She is either busy or asleep.  She fidgets and wiggles around all the time.  Her arms and legs have good muscle tone.  I imagine she did no less than 3,000 repetitions of ankle rotations today.  I try to read her a story but she babbles right over it.  She is so freaking cute I can't stand it.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...