Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My Little Fox

Here is my grand daughter perched in a hollowed out fir tree stump at Mount Ranier National Park wearing a little fox hat and as happy as can be.  She has little Ugg boots on her feet that keep her warm on a rainy day.  I had a wonderful weekend spending time with her, reading her stories, kissing her neck, playing peek-a-boo and listening to her talk.  I read her the story of "The House That Jack Built."  This long, tongue twisting nursery rhyme is complicated.  I remember my Grandmother reciting it to me from memory.  I am going to have to practice before I am as good of a Grandma as my Grandma's were to me.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

She is adorable and really growing fast! Enjoy every moment with her.
Don and I leave in the morning for the Black Hills to spend a few days with Don's brother and his family. Always fun because Gene married a classmate of mine! I'm looking forward to being in the hills a day while we are there. Truly love the area. Fun to see the changes since we lived in Rapid City in the early 70's. My shifts ended on Monday working with the 2 Graceland Guys! Had an awesomest summer!! Hope you have a wonderful FAll/Winter. I'm sure we will!

Sue said...

Thanks Dianne. Safe travels!

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...