Saturday, October 24, 2015

Normally I Sleep Alone



Normally I sleep alone at night.  Last night I slept in close company with Moe, a friendly golden retriever.  Moe wanted to play.  I wanted to go to sleep.  I stretched out on the sofa that he sometimes rests on and covered myself with a blanket.  Moe thought great!  She's at my level.  I'll bring her my toy and we can play.   I didn't want to play.  I was tired.  Moe was not tired.  Every time I moved a muscle Moe took that movement as an invitation to play.  His movements indicated, "Play now?  No?  How about now?  Ready now?  If I wave my tail near your face will that make you ready to play"  I rolled over to find a more comfortable position.  Moe was right there.  "Play now?  With my toy?  I'm ready to play."  I put the pillow over my head.  Moe responds with, "Ready to play now?"  Dogs.  Gotta love their  eternal optimism.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...