Friday, April 22, 2016

Chickenson Caruso

Today I moved Chickenson Caruso to her summer quarters.  I also told her that in mid-July she would be joined with a brood of foster chicks.    Being a scientific minded person, I don't read too much into animal behavior. There is really no point in attributing human emotions to poultry. I believe she was happy with the fresh earth to explore and the possibility of expanding her family, taking new chicks under her wing, being a good role model for them, teaching them how to take care of themselves, and making the world a better place for chickens everywhere.

Picture of Northern Lights Azalea for no reason other than beauty.

A male in full breeding plumage strolled by Chicken Caruso soon after she moved into this part of the yard.  I might have heard a wolf whistle.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...