Thursday, April 7, 2016

Mission Accomplished

When I got home from the gym this afternoon I checked on my chicken.  I gave her fresh water, collected an egg, and checked on her food.  She was running low so I took her feed container out of the coop to refill.  I crouched down to replace the food container inside the coop.  I was in a bit of a hurry to get the door closed before she decided she wanted to come outside.  As I was closing the door to the coop I got up from a crouch.  I got up from a crouch without pulling myself up or pushing myself up or using my hands in any way.  I did it!  This was a goal I had since having my hip replaced - to get up from a crouch hands free!  Wow!  Mission accomplished.  This will make gardening, photography, chicken rearing, tying shoes for other people, traveling and countless other activities so much easier.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...