Thursday, April 28, 2016

Thermos

I own a thermos now.  My thermos holds 4 cups.  It's the same kind of thermos my father took to work back in the 1960's. It is stainless steel and has a handle.  I've had it about a year and now I wonder how I managed to live without one all these years.  I use it at least 7 times a week and sometimes more. During the day I bring coffee to work.  The coffee I brew at home in my cheapo 2 cup coffee pot tastes so much better than the Folgers, run- through-a-Bunn-machine coffee that is served at work.  The coffee at work is so bitter. You could use it to seal a driveway. Mine tastes much smoother and milder.  At night I rinse the thermos out and use it to make yogurt.  The thermos keeps the milk and Yogurt starter mixture warm enough for the bacteria to grow and multiply and morph the milk into yogurt.  By morning my yogurt is done.  I pour it out, scrub the thermos with a bottle brush and put coffee in it to take to work. The thermos is working day and night.  How did I manage without one before?  I guess before I was buying yogurt at the store and not drinking coffee. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...