Monday, May 2, 2016

May Day

On Sunday I was rocking out in my kitchen listening to 'the artist formerly known as' and cooking up some food.  I heard a noise at the front door.  I went to the door and opened it.  No one was there.  On the stoop, however, was a little decorated cup with a ribbon handle.  Inside the cup was candy that I like but never buy because I like them so much I can't resist; snicker bars, peanut butter cups, and starburst.  I went to open the door when I thought, wait now, what is the protocol here?  Is this a May basket?  Isn't there some kissing involved?  Do I want to kiss anybody right now?  Does the person who delivered this basket want to be discovered?  What is a person supposed to do?  MAYDAY! MAYDAY! There are so many decisions to make here. I had to go back to the stove and take care of my cooking.  Eventually I went out side to collect my May basket.  I don't know who gave it to me.  Not knowing is part of the charm.  Maybe next year I should make a few May baskets and keep this old-fashioned tradition going. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...