Thursday, May 19, 2016

Oh, Man!

After work I stopped off to complete several errands and go to the gym.  Now I am home.  The car is parked and I can relax and start packing for the weekend.  Before supper I floss my teeth and dang, out of floss?  Seriously?  And shoot, I'm going out of town for the weekend and have no time to pick up more floss unless I make a special trip.  Shoot.  Can I live without floss?  No, probably I cannot live without floss.  I'm in a healthy habit of flossing daily.  That is a good habit and worth keeping. Since I am car pooling with two other women for the weekend, I don't want to ask them to stop so I can get floss.  Surely we will have to stop at a gas station along the way where I could buy some floss.  No, I need to get floss.  And shoot, I had just been out completing errands. I really don't want to leave the house again just for freaking floss.   But, wait, oh, ho, here is an idea.  Picture light bulb hovering above my head.  You could use your motorcycle to go and get floss (and Dove chocolate and double A batteries which you also need).  Now THAT is a good idea.  Beautiful spring evening.  Sun is shining,  Temperature is warm.  Lilacs and honeysuckle perfume the air. A 15 mile round trip on Highway 47 on the motorcycle sounds more like pleasure than an errand.  The motorcycle runs fine (even though I changed the oil myself and have less than adequate confidence in my own oil changing abilities).  I feel younger on the bike. With the right mode of transportation, an errand is transformed into an pleasurable adventure.  Floss.  Needed.  Procured.  Buying enjoyed.   Life is made of moments like this. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...