Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Which One You Choose Says Much About You

Today is the day I present new books to my book club.  I will present six books and they choose one.  This time I decided to have a theme of all banned books.  For some reason we got on the topic of banned books last month and that triggered this idea.  Which one will they choose?  Which one would you choose? 


“Some children were lucky enough to have their Potter novels banned by witch-hunting school boards and micromanaging ministers. Is there any greater job than a book you're not allowed to read, a book you could go to hell for reading?” –Ann Patchett
Here are the options I am presenting - Lord of the Flies, by William Golding, The Catcher in the Rye, by J.D. Salinger,  The Diary of A Young Girl by Anne Frank, The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, Tropic of Capricorn, by Henry Miller , To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee

All those books have been banned or people have tried to have them banned for some astonishing reasons. What every they decide will be the book we review in July.  Our discussion in July could go in many ways.  Personally I'm hoping for Lord of the Flies but I am willing to go with what the group decides.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...