Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Mindfulness

Today I went to an inservice on mindfulness.  For two hours we practiced being mindful.  We focused on our breathing and practiced together.  Our instructor told us what to do.  "Take deep breaths."  I took deep breaths.  "Focus on your body."  I focus on my body. "Note any discomfort."  I notice my neck is tense. "Pant short breaths through your nose and brush the discomfort away."  I pant and brush the discomfort away. "Take a deep breath."  I take a deep breath.  "Notice how your discomfort has changed."  I notice my neck is not so tense but I can feel the contents of my sinuses draining down the back of my throat.  Oh, gross, I would prefer a tense neck to what I got going on now.  She keeps giving us more instructions so I loose focus on my throat and go onto other things.  I enjoyed the inservice and felt more relaxed when it was over.  At the same time, I remain curious what was going on in the minds of the people around me.  Might be better not to know.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...