Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Big Little Lies

I both liked and disliked this book as I read Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty.  Sometimes I thought it went over the top and then in the next paragraph I would amend my opinion and think the author was spot on. I did not like how the women and the men in the book were portrayed as being so snarky but the truth of it is, sometimes women are snarky.  Sometimes women are snarky for good reason.  When I think back to how I acted when I went to my children's school to pick them up or go to school conferences or to volunteer at the book sale, I suppose I came across as snarky too sometimes.  Being a parent is a stressful time in life   Some parents feel responsible for the actions of their offspring more than others.  Whether the school is in Minnesota or in Australia, the parental reactions remain the same.  This story is set is Australia and I hear it is also a television series. So if I come to a point in my life where I want to spend some hours focusing on other people's problems to take my mind off my own problems, I just might watch that television series.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...