Monday, March 19, 2018

Do You Talk To Your Pets?

I am sure I am not the only person who talks to their pets.  I do talk to the chickens but I also talk my 11  year old canary, Migwe.  I come home in the evening and ask how his day went. I give him a treat such as a piece of lime or a branch of parsley or a leaf or arugula. Sometimes I will play a youtube video of a Russian Canary.  I put the computer right at eye level so he can see who is calling to him. That perks him right up.  Other times I put on Russian forest sounds and he seems to like that too.  I make sure he has a good view of the window where the suet is hanging so he can watch woodpeckers come and go all day.  He sees a lot of woodpeckers.  My cost of suet this winter has averaged at 3 dollars a week. If I run out the little downy woodpeckers will perch right on the window sell and peck at the glass.  Yeah, old Migwe and I are pretty tight. This morning I gave him some fresh water and a spring of parsley and he bent forward and spread his wings in a thank you gesture. I told him he was welcome and to have a good day. I'll find out when I get home whether he did have a good ay or not.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...