Friday, March 9, 2018

Maddaddam

My neighbor and I exchange films to watch. We usually exchange foreign films but this time she gave me Blade Runner. Although I enjoy watching Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford, I couldn't watch the entire movie because it was making me so sad.  At the same time I read Margaret Atwood's book Maddaddam and didn't feel so sad. The stories are similar. One was a movie and one was a book but, well, I can't explain how I can tolerate one dystopian story over another.  I do know one thing. I admire Margaret Atwood and all of her writing. I read the first one of this trilogy.  Now all I have left is the second one called Year of the Flood.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...