Thursday, March 22, 2018

Pay It Forward

Have you ever watched those Disney classics where animals come in the house and do the cleaning?  Such things happened in both Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty and probably other ones too.  That was what I was picturing at 8:47 a.m. when I got the following series of texts from my neighbor: Your garage door is open. Is that what you want? I have to leave for work now. If you want the garage door shut I can shut it when I get home in a couple hours.  I text her back: Yes, please shut my garage door.  Then I wait and picture deer, chipmunks, woodpeckers, a possum and that stupid feral cat inside the house making mayhem. In my suddenly vivid imagination the animals were not cleaning.  They were jumping on the furniture, eating my food, and causing a ruckus. I pace and wring my hands until another text comes at 8:54 a.m. that says: Your garage door is shut.  I text her back: How can I ever repay you?  She texts me back: Pay it forward




No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...