Saturday, March 17, 2018

Cow Tipping

On Thursday evening I impulsively went to a literary event at Concordia College in Saint Paul. Some people I know were going to be there.  I have driven past Concordia College before but never visited before. Much to my surprise I was able to get there, park, and find the right room in only 30 minutes from work which is less time than it takes me to get home! Inside the spacious room were college students, the people I know and the fellow from Cow Tipping Press.  Cow Tipping Press is a non-profit dedicated to nursing the creative writing of persons with disabilities. In the course of the evening four people I know read their writing aloud in front of college students, professors, family and friends.  The entire audience was asked to do some creative writing at their tables.  Sheets of paper and #2 yellow pencils were there on the table. So we did. And we all had a chance to read our work in front of everyone.  Many laughs were shared and the snacks were great too!  What any of this has to do with cow tipping is beyond me. What I did learn is that it doesn't matter if you have a disability or if you are a "neurotypical," we all have a story to tell.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...