Thursday, June 14, 2018

Commuting

On Tuesday I drove my car to work. As I merged right from east bound Highway 10 across the two lanes where traffic comes in from Brooklyn Park the coast was clear. Twenty seconds later all four lanes had cars riding sensibly side by side. In my rearview mirror I see a pick up come barreling up from behind.  The pick up moved into my lane.  I have a hatch back so I get nervous when I get tailgated. The pick up swerved onto the shoulder and passed me going about 80 miles per hour as I clung white knuckled onto the steering wheel screaming softly as adrenaline flooded my system. Once past me the pickup merged left across four lanes into the inside lane.  What. The.  Heck? Today I drove to work on my motorcycle.  As I drove south on Highway 47 the sun came from the east making my shadow look very impressive.  I looked at my shadow and gave it a cool nod.  Later, as I stopped next to a 14 wheeler at a red light, I admired my reflection in the chrome on the hub caps. One would think driving a car would be less stressful than driving a motorcycle but this week proved that is not always the case.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...