Monday, June 3, 2019

A Poem I Found In the Closet This Weekend

There are times when the past comes back to you
And haunts you with loneliness
The smiles of yesterday
Becomes the hurt of today
Trees shed their leaves
And grow new ones again
The leaves are left on the ground
To decay and nothing more
How similar is our fate
Bones become dust
Long after it's usefulness is past
Remember while you are still young
The wasted time amounts to nothing
And although there is a seemingly endless supply of time
Your grasp on it is minute at best
So grab what you can and run away.

I think Offspring #1 wrote this. I think it is lovely but sad. Isn't it crazy when your offspring have such amazing talents? I find it humbling.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...