Sunday, June 30, 2019

Some Assembly Required

Last night I finished Anne Lamott's non-fiction book called Some Assembly Required; A Journal of My Son's First Son. In this story she describes her new role as a grandmother. The way she talks about holding her tongue made me laugh out loud. Also in the book are interviews with her son who tells his side of the story. Because I listened to this book on CD I got to hear both of their voices. Inflection and emphasis mean much so I am glad I got the audio version. I read one of her other books, Blue Shoe, and I liked that. Perhaps because she writes about neurotic mothers who constantly second guess their parenting decisions I feel I can relate. 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...