Wednesday, June 19, 2019

The Expatriates

I picked up The Expatriates at the library. Janice Y. K. Lee wrote this tale about three women living in Hong Kong. Although Hong Kong is a big city Mercy, Hilary and Margaret keep running into each other. As they navigate their lives in a foreign country they realize as Americans they are treated differently than the native people of Hong Kong. They realize some Americans are rude and they talk loud and they argue when they don't get their way. Eventually all three of them come to a point where they too are loud and rude when they don't get their way. Personally I can't imagine living in a foreign country for years but reading this book helps me picture it. I enjoyed reading every page of this book.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...