Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Yucky Yucca

Last weekend I picked up a fresh yucca root and took  it home to try. I thought about looking up how to prepare the yucca root but I got  busy with other things. I peeled the root  and sliced it into round disks. I took  a bite. The taste  was yucky. Like a fool I took another bite. The second bite was as bad as the first. This weekend over dinner I spoke about the yucky yucca root only to learn that a person should not eat it raw. In fact, eating the root raw can make you sick or even kill you. Cyanide poisoning is not the way I want to go. Tonight I might slice them into fries and try it again. Some time boiling in hot water and soaking up coconut oil in the oven ought to improve the taste.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...