Thursday, June 10, 2021

Colorful Flowers

Today I took a walk to the library to pick up a book I  had on order. I saw an orange poppy blooming. The poppy was so beautiful. After seeing that poppy I decided to take a picture of all the pretty flowers on my walk today. The rule was to stay on the sidewalk. These might be pinks. They still have morning dew on them.
I don't know the name but I like this oddly shaped blush colored blossoms.
Lupine patch.
Iris
I don't know the name of these but the color is saturated!
This is a chive flower. Some people use them as herbs and others use them as flowers.
I don't know what these are but the delicate yellow flowers contrast with the deep purple leaves.
White bleeding hearts
Pink azalea




bush.

 

 Here is a pink bleeding heart.

This iris reminds me of Grandpa Stenger's iris.

This is a non-native columbine.

These are coral bells.

I don't know the name of these but firework flower seems appropriate.



This rose was pretty but it had no smell.

Common Lilac

These are gorgeous but I don't know the name.

Yellow and purple iris

Yellow iris alone. For this shot I am standing on the sidewalk next to a tall wall. I am reaching over my head with my phone inside the metal slats of a fence while standing on my tip toes.

Allium

Marigolds

A dandelion flower gone to seed by Tishcher Creek.

This is a wild flower near Tischer creek. The yellow flowers are waxy and almost look like plastic.

A pretty shade of purple.

Ever since I saw this plant I have been intrigued. The leaves stay green all winter long. I am dying to know what it is. This house has the same shrub on both sides of their front door. The shrubs are about 7 feet tall.

Snow white iris.

This could be lavender but I'm not sure.

I don't know the name but I like the flower.

An innocent daisy!


I think this is bunchberry. Bunch berries come in bunches. I learned that the white things that look like petals are not the petals. The actual flowers are tiny and are clustered in the center of the white things that look like petals but are not actually the petals.








Last, but certainly not least, the yellow begonia I planted in my flower pot in front of my door. You can see the shamrocks coming up around it. My colorful flower walk is complete.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...