Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Walking The Trail

Today was another perfect day in Duluth. After cleaning house all morning I monitored by streams and took a walk on a snowmobile trail between the Us Kab Wan Ka river and the Cloquet River. One advantage to this hike is the complete safety from wood ticks. A few flies buzzed my head and I almost got t-boned by a Canada Yellow Swallowtail butterfly but insects were not a problem today. This is the view of my walk after an hour and I am about to turn around.

This is my view head back toward my car. I am on a gradually declining hill. The sun in shining and the birds are singing and a light breeze feels wonderful. I didn't see a single person using this road today.

Now closer to my car I go over the snowmobile bridge over the  Cloquet river. We're looking upstream here and the water is flowing toward me. The rust color in the lower left is the bridge railing where I set my phone to take a still picture. This water looks too shallow to canoe here but maybe a kayak would work.

And this is the view from the other side of the bridge. The water is flowing away. I just love the cotton ball clouds of summer. And look at all those different shades or green! I am trying to be good to my skin. I am wearing a hat and a long sleeved shirt with SPF protection. The tops of my hands and feet are getting pretty tan. Last week after this trip I washed and waxed my car at a new car wash in town called Tommy's Express. Today I went back to clean the inside. As a home owner I washed my car in my driveway with rain out of my rain barrel. Going to this car wash is SO MUCH EASIER I can't hardly believe it. They have a mat washer for free. They have powerful vacuums for free. I brought my own paper towels, some Rain-X spray, a rag, and a container of soapy water and cleaned out the inside in half the time it used to take me at home. Plus I didn't have to lug my vacuum out to the garage. Today was their grand opening celebration and I won a free tree shaped scent labeled "New Car Smell." This is where I am coming for all future car washes.

 

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...