Thursday, June 3, 2021

Shamrock Anomaly

 

I acquired a few shamrock roots from my parent's garden a few years ago and they are really doing well. Each year I have more roots. This year I grew some indoors and I planted some outdoors where there is a pot attached to my front steps. The pot is adorned with rock cemented to it and it's super cute. The outdoor shamrocks haven't come up yet. We had  frost last week for 3 nights and I put a blanket around the pot. The begonia in the center didn't freeze so I think the shamrocks will come up in time. But look at the weird growth off of one of the shamrock flower heads on this one. I put a piece of white paper behind it so you can see it better. I think a, um, I don't know the word to use here, deformed or beautiful leaf has sprung out of the flower head and decided to keep on growing up towards the sun. Go figure!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...