Sunday, June 13, 2021

Walk To Enger Tower

If I am going to go for a long walk from home one of my options is a 2.5 hour walk to Enger Tower and back again. I start out on 10th Avenue which is a quiet side street. I cross a major street and I am back in a quiet neighborhood again. Eventually I end up on Seventh Street. There is this one spot on Seventh Street that is a little tricky. The sidewalk is 3 feet higher than the road to the left of the sidewalk as I walk west. There is a stone wall on my right. It's almost impossible for two people to pass on this thin stretch of sidewalk. This is also where water collects and turns into an ice rink in the winter which is why I wear my cleats. Plus there is this low hanging shrub that has pushed off my raincoat hood in the rain, taken off my knitted cap in the winter, and pushed my sun hat right off my head in the summer. I have to block that shrub with my arm when I go by so it doesn't poke my eye out while it steals my hat. I never know what kind of shrub this hat stealer was until today. 


Now that I know the hat stealing shrub is bridal veil spirea I am more forgiving.


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...