Monday, October 7, 2024

Arboreteum

Yesterday I left Kansas City, Missouri and drove south to Little Rock, Arkansas. The weather was quite warm (over 90 degrees) but I had a nice drive. The entire ride was beautiful but my favorite part was the 20 miles before and after Branson, Missouri. So now I am staying here in this RV in a quiet neighborhood in Little Rock. The rent was very cheap.

I spent most of my day at an arboretum in Little Rock. I got there about 10:30. I walked around until 1. I had lunch. I read my book for an hour. I walked for a half hour. I read for a half hour over and over until I left at 4:45. I heard Carolina wrens, blue jays, crows, red bellied woodpeckers, a pileated woodpecker, and a barred owl. I saw a tufted titmouse.

Here are two views of the Maumelle River that flows into the Arkansas River which flows into the Mississippi River. I think I saw a kingfisher but I'm not 100% sure.

 

No comments:

One Thousand White Women

  Jim Fergus is the author of the historical fiction novel One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd . The story starts out in Wash...