Saturday, October 12, 2024

Two Rivers

I spent most of the day at Two Rivers Park. Today was a hot one in Little Rock. 94 degrees is hot and tomorrow will be even hotter. This was a nice park where the Maumee River flows into the Arkansas River. I saw people fishing, boating, kayaking, canoeing, and water skiing. I have never tried water skiing but it looks like fun on a hot day. People were walking, running, pushing babies in strollers, and admiring the view. I walked for an hour and half and then found a bench along the Arkansas River to eat my sandwich. 

As I ate my lunch I listened to belted kingfishers chittering. I also heard red bellied wood pickers, blue jays, Carolina wrens, American Robins and crows. I saw a turkey vulture sway above me. This park had fishing docks, a play ground, picnic areas, a huge community garden, ball fields and soccer fields. Little Rock has lots of nice parks. I am starting to really like Little Rock.

 

No comments:

One Thousand White Women

  Jim Fergus is the author of the historical fiction novel One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd . The story starts out in Wash...