Thursday, October 3, 2024

The Capitol Building

While eating my almonds and apple, I walked 30 minutes through town to the state capitol building. I got there at 1:25 and a tour was starting at 1:30. The tour is supposed to last 90 minutes but it lasted almost 2 hours. Our tour guy had a lot to say.

A view of the inside of the golden dome from the inside. No expense was spared on this building. Quality materials last longer.

This picture was painted in Europe and turn into 8 sections and reassembled here.

Rubbing her toes is supposed to bring good luck. I rubbed her toes on the way up and they way down.

The senate chamber.

This library have 5 floors of books. And they have a card catalog. Everybody needs a back up in case the computers go down. If I lived in Iowa I could borrow books here. Most of them are law books.

This book here in the glass case was written by and printed by Ben Franklin himself. Crazy to think Ben had his hands on this.

Most of our group walked up the extra 91 steps. Here I am looking down onto the glass floor on the bottom.

That flag and badge and eagle are actually hanging on wires strung across. The flag is actually hanging down in the middle a little bit like a hammock.

Abraham and his boy, Tad. I had a wonderful day today.

 

No comments:

One Thousand White Women

  Jim Fergus is the author of the historical fiction novel One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd . The story starts out in Wash...