Thursday, October 10, 2024

Audubon


 I spent the morning at Firestone getting my tires rotated. One tire had a bubble that had to be replaced. I got new brakes and brake lining. I spent a lot more money that I thought I would. So this afternoon I drove across Little Rock to the Audubon center. I met the naturalist. He gave me a copy of the current Audubon magazine because his picture is in it. Then I went out for a hike. The day was hot and windy so I didn't see many birds. I did see a black vulture sitting atop a dead tree. I got a little lost but eventually made it back to my car by 5 p.m. Can you see downtown Little Rock in the center of this picture? As I drove home I passed the Arkansas State Fair grounds. Looks like the state fair is opening tomorrow. Normally state fairs are in the summer, aren't they? Do you think I should go?

No comments:

One Thousand White Women

  Jim Fergus is the author of the historical fiction novel One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd . The story starts out in Wash...