Wednesday, October 16, 2024

William Kirsch


 I slept in this morning and visited the William Kirsch Nature Conservancy former farm this afternoon. I parked, walked over the railroad tracks, and to the right. I ended up walking along side the Maumette River until the end of the property. I came upon a picnic area with a dock. Later I came upon two kayaks, a canoe and a john boat. The sign said I could borrow one as long as I put it back. I almost did except I did not have a waterproof bag with me. Then I walked the mown paths on the prairie for a couple of hours before returning to my car. I saw six vultures, a tufted titmouse, crows, blue jays and a swamp sparrow. I saw 3 great blue herons and 2 great egrets. After being in the city yesterday, today's adventure in nature was a relief.

No comments:

Natural Resources

My plan today was to visit the Museum of Discovery today. I drove by but I couldn't find any free parking. So I drove to the Clinton Lib...