Thursday, October 3, 2024

Des Moines Arboretum

Yesterday I drove south from Siren, Wisconsin to Des Moines, Iowa. Boy Howdy! This land is dry. Iowans haven't had any rain since August. Farmers are scurrying to harvest the soybeans before they get any dryer. I could see dust rising in the fields for miles away. I have never been to Des Moines before. This morning I stopped at an arboretum which was a 15 minute drive from my hotel. I spent a couple hours there. Lunch looked too expensive so when I was done here I put a handful of almonds and an apple in my pocket.

The water features inside and outside are attractive. I saw fish and frogs in the water.

A ponytail palm tree. This is the largest one I have ever seen.

 
In this shot I am sitting outside on a marble bench under a waterfall.

No comments:

One Thousand White Women

  Jim Fergus is the author of the historical fiction novel One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd . The story starts out in Wash...