Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Bird




So far I've received only two suggestions for the name of the canary - Petie and Luciano Pavarotti. Petie was the name of a friend of mine mother's numerous parakeets and canaries (all went by the same name) and Pavarotti was suggested because he is a famous singer. So that got me thinking - what about naming the bird Peter Tschaivosky? I'll combine the Petie with the famous musician, plus Tschaivosky is from Russia and I have a Russian Canary. I love the Nutcracker Ballet for the music plus all those men in tights turning around in circles on stage. Tell me what you think about the name. And look at this picture of Tschaivosky - doesn't he look like he has a splitting headache? He's probably listening to some violin student playing off key.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...