Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Donkey Was Kicking Last Night


My last caucus was in 1980. It's been a while. But last night was so fun. The excitement in the air was energizing. Parking was crazy. The crowds were thronging. Just being in a room where most of the people agreed with me on international relations, health care accessibility, global warming and homelessness was refreshing. My normally mild-mannered elementary school teacher/chicken farmer/neighbor was standing on a table with her fist in the air screaming about getting the seat back from Michelle Bachman. I didn't even recognize my back yard neighbor at first. Was it the fire in his eyes or the fact he was wearing a hat that made him unrecognizeable? I am so glad I went. I brought one offspring and we cancelled each other's vote. But that is ok. I helped her be part of the process and that was more important.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...