Saturday, February 23, 2008

Welcome to the Family!





Today our family has expanded to include a male canary, a Russian canary. Actually I got this as a gift for my birthday almost 2 months ago but am just now picking him up. I got him from a breeder who sells her birds at the Robbinsdale Farm and Garden store (an interesting place in itself). From his left profile he looks all yellow with some black on his head. From the right you can see a black wing trim and more black on his head. So I am looking for names. These are names of my previous birds and are out of the running: Maggie, Rudy, Lola (can you tell I liked the Perpiches?), Slim Shady, Buddha, Thomas and Thomas II. I think I had more birds than that but those are all the names I can remember. So, any suggestions for the name of this canary? Remember, he's a boy. Only the male canaries sing. So far I thought of Kiferanga (Swahili for chick), Ndege (Swahili for bird), and Vladimir. I'd like to make sure you know I don't admire Vladimir Putin - he seems to be as pugnacious and combative as Bush - so on second thought forget Vladimir. Comment or email me with your suggestions! Thanks.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about after Luciano Pavarotti? He was a good singer. He wasn't russian, though.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...