Sunday, October 19, 2008

130 miles

Yesterday I put aside my to-do list of chores and went for a bike ride. I'm thinking I'll have to put the bike away soon and wanted to get in at least one more ride. I'll have all the long, dark winter to work in home repair, right? This time I headed east on County Road 22. Now the leaves on the fashionable, trendy maples are down and we can see the oaks in their glory. Oaks are my favorite trees and they certainly have been beautiful this fall. The colorful leaves have stayed on the trees for a long time this year. Yesterday was a bit windy and I could feel the wind push my bike side to side on the road which was a bit disconcerting. I took 22 east and caught up with Hwy. 8 around Chisago City. I continued east to Taylors Falls and crossed into Wisconsin. I headed south on 35 to Osceola. Heading south is when I felt the wind the most. I crossed back into Minnesota and went back home on 22 again. I wish I could do it again today but duty calls!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...