Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Livid Again

Earlier this afternoon I got livid during a phone call with Park Dental. I was questioning a bill and instead of answering my questions, the person on the phone became argumentative. So I am in the market for a new dental clinic. Later this afternoon it happened again. I got absolutely livid twice in the same day. I don't often get livid but I wonder, does one episode of feeling livid increase your chances of it happening again that same day? Is the emotion of livid similar to a balloon in that you never quite shrink back down to the same size again? My second episode of being livid was when I read about the triple homicide in Moundsview. Again it was domestic violence. Again, a victim who worked in a day program for adults with developmental disabilities. Is murder and domestic abuse an occupational hazard? What the heck? Do me a big favor, if you have any young boys in your household sit them down tonight and explain your high regard for respect of others. And if you have any young girls in your household, sit them down and explain the same thing plus mention that they themselves deserve respect too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to that clinic also at one point. I left because they seemed to forget that I was the customer and not just a another thing to do before they could leave for the day.

I notice that if your mood is negative-you tend to notice more negativity. While, if your mood is positive - you see more positive.

My practice now is to be sure to acknowledge positive,helpful acts accomplished in the service industry and thank them. It definitely brightens your day along with the person you thanked.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...