Friday, October 10, 2008

Project Feeder Watch


I just joined Project Feeder Watch. This project is run by the Cornell Lab or Ornithology and Bird Studies Canada. By sending in data from ordinary back yard bird feeders like mine from all over the continent, scientists can keep track of movements of winter bird populations and long term trends of bird distribution and bird abundance. Anyone can join. For a fee of $15 I will get a poster of common birds, a wall calender, a resource guide, and data forms. I count the birds at my feeder on two consecutive days once every two weeks. The birds from my little backyard ecosystem will be included in data that is considered by bird lovers nationwide. How cool is that? If you are interested, go to feederwatch.org

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...