Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees




Two thumbs up for "The Secret Life of Bees." Sue Monk Kidd is one of my favorite authors. In fact, she is the only author I have written to and guess what? She wrote me back! So when one of her books that I liked was made into a movie, I had to go see it. Offspring #2 and I saw it at Showplace on Sunday afternoon. Not many theaters are showing this movie in spite of the big names in it including Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys, Queen Latifah, and Dakota Fanning. I love it when the images I conjure in my mind while reading a book are almost exactly what is portrayed on the screen in a movie. The pink house was exactly what I imagined. So was the creek, the wailing wall, the beekeeper's house, and the Black Madonna. Be sure to bring tissues if you go. It's not a sad movie, just very moving.

1 comment:

Balou said...

I loved the book. Good to hear the movie does it justice. I'll definitely go see it.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...