Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Daughter of Time


My book club read "The Daughter of Time" by Josephine Tey. I read it too but it was a chore. I didn't like it. This book was touted as a mystery book for people who don't like mysteries. I don't like mysteries but I didn't like the book either. The plot involves a detective recuperating in the hospital. Forced to lie still for weeks, he sees a portrait of King Richard III. The detective thinks he is a good judge of character by looking at a person's face. Although King Richard III is believed to have killed his two nephews the detective sees an innocent face. He searches history books and by the time he has recuperated, he has King Richard III exonerated. The title of the book is from a famous quote from a play called, "The Life of Galileo" that says, "Truth is the daughter of time, not of authority."

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...